R&S is happy to be hiring thanks to NOHFC! We’re looking for a Development & Outreach Coordinator to join our team. Information on the position, salary, and how to apply are below. Deadline: October 1, 2023.
Development & Outreach Coordinator | River & Sky Music/Camping Festival
The Development & Outreach Coordinator helps build relationships with external organizations and persons to help raise funds and increase our involvement with local businesses/non-profits. In addition to developing relationships, the Development & Outreach Coordinator will work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to manage volunteers during the festival and will handle volunteer and membership communications throughout the entire year.
Full time, paid, one-year internship (35 hours/week).
Salary: $20.50/ hour, 52 weeks
Pre-festival work is based in downtown Sudbury, ON. Work during the festival is located in Field, ON, transport to and accommodations at the venue will be organized by River & Sky.
- This position must provide first full-time employment in a field.
- Applicants who have previously participated in an internship program for post-secondary graduates are not eligible;
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Event Planning, Arts Administration etc. or another relevant field (flexible); not mandatory, but welcomed
- Work and/or volunteer experience in at least one of these fields or another related field;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience communicating with clients and the general public via telephone, email etc.;
- Experience drafting a variety of documents including: letters, reports, grant applications etc.;
- Experience with general word processing software, spreadsheet software, presentation software, email platforms;
- Use/ be able to learn to use our project management software, Notion;
- Use/ be able to learn to use Google Suite add-on features such as Streak, Autocrat, etc.;
- Use/ be able to learn to use Timecounts;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work tasks;
- Concrete problem solving, conflict management and decision making skills, work well with others;
- Ability to work flexible hours during festival season
- Knowledge of government funding programs, as well as the non-profit and cultural sectors a strong asset; not mandatory
- French language skills an asset; not mandatory
- G or G2 Driver’s License an asset;
- Own vehicle/access to vehicle an asset.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Development & Outreach Coordinator is responsible for building community support for River & Sky Music/ Camping Festival through:
- Coordinate with Marketing Coordinator to develop sponsorship package to to attract and inform potential sponsors
- Generate and upkeep our list of sponsorship leads
- Develop and nurture relationships with potential sponsors in order facilitate organizational funding
- Develop and nurture relationships with like-minded organization to facilitate partnerships
- Process and coordinate vendor and workshop applications for E.D. approval
- Create reports for E.D., Board of Directors, and possibly funders
- Aiding the E.D. in grant writing and seeking out granting opportunities
- Aid in issuing invoices when needed, ensuring proper collection of all needed data
- Coordinate with Marketing Coordinator to ensure all sponsorship responsibilities are met
- Coordinate with Volunteer Coordinator to develop volunteer recruitment presentation and coordination presentation at local high schools
- Help process volunteer application under the supervision of Volunteer Coordinator
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator in preparing all materials/documents for volunteers at festival
- Work directly under the supervision of Volunteer Coordinator to ensure smooth running of volunteers during the festival
- Potential tasks during the festival:
- Be onsite contact for vendors and workshop coordinators
- Supervise a specific crew throughout the Festival assisting volunteers of that crew as necessary to accomplish their designated tasks
- Oversee shift changes for assigned volunteer crew
- Effectively communicate with Volunteer Coordinator throughout the festival, providing reports on volunteer performances and needs of the crew they are supervising
- Perform miscellaneous tasks to assist Volunteer Coordinator throughout the festival such as transporting equipment
October 1st, 2023
Anticipated Start Date
November 6th, 2023
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter by email only to:
Abigail Cassio, Executive Director at email@example.com
Include job title in the subject line.
For the Workforce Development Stream.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/workforce-development-stream